Friday, March 09, 2012

March Update

Well the ROX carbon certainly made an impact in my tank. I think the new bulbs did too. Cyano was about 90% gone there for a bit, its come back a bit more in the past week but nowhere near what it was before. Maybe I need to change the carbon again.

The tank is looking much better. With less cyano its lost that pinkish cast and the new bulbs its much brighter. Things are coloring up nicely, my purple slimer is actually purple again instead of an odd purplish brown color.

The Bellus in quarantine is doing wonderfully well, although I'll admit I go down every morning worried she's kicked off in that tank due to ammonia levels. I dose daily with amquel and do 50% waterchanges every 4th-5th day or so from the main tank (except the week before last when I ran out of salt). I even have one of those little seachem ammonia alert thingies in the tank that registers the ammonia levels (although it has yet to register anything even though my Hagen test kit (I know, I know, it was all that was available) is telling me there are "terrible" levels of ammonia in the tank).  Anyhoo I finally got some non-copper drugs to kill whatever beasties reside in my lovely little fish: Chloroquine phosphate!  2 doses over 20 days and she should be good to go.  Hopefully I get her a girlfriend before the treatment is up so I can treat her too. Yay! :)

No comments: