Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July update

Well its been a month since my last post and sadly not much is new really.  I went on vacation last week and yet another clam died. I'm down to my blue maxima and the little speckly maxima I acquired in March. I have no idea what is going on, they just sort of power down and poof. I wish they'd die when I was around so I could check for pinched mantle. They don't have any outward signs of pinched mantle though so who knows.   I'll have to start keeping an eye on my parameters again, perhaps they're wonky and the clams are having growth issues. I'll have to consult my clam book too, maybe theres some answers in there. Anyway, things are growing like mad, I need to do some fragging again and perhaps remove a few colonies as some are growing into others. The fish are doing well. The male bangaii cardinal seems to be holding a batch of eggs every couple of weeks or so. I feel kind of sorry for him as he doesn't eat much. He isn't scraggly looking though, just as healthy as the female but I feel bad at feeding time when he's sort of eyeing the food but has no room for it in his fat face :P  I'm sure the rest of the critters in the tank love when he gives up the batch of babies, feeding time at the zoo. Too bad I don't have something setup to rear them, not that I have the time.

I lost the candy hogfish in early july due to jumping. I've never had one jump before, I guess they're not suited to tanks with no tops on them, I won't be getting another one. I never really noticed it being a problem before but I guess the lighting hood I had on the tank was a good ricochet point and the fish stayed in the tank. I did lose a few to the crossbrace I had on my old 90 gallon though.

Anyway, I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days. I feel like I just take pics of the same thing over and over again. Nobody complains though (at least the two of you that actually read this don't seem to mind) so I'll just carry on ;)

No comments: