Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Finally I'm a Winner!

So sometime in the beginning of February (I think), I purchased a matted filefish. I see I even posted about it.  The filefish ate mysis and only mysis. None of the delectable, tasty morsels of majanos or aiptasia which my tank had gratuitous numbers to offer. Mysis.  I suspect the other fish mentioned to him that if he just held off for a bit he wouldn't have to grout around for such peasanty food, he could have food offered to him on a silver platter. My fish are like that.

So weeks went by and daily I inspected the growing fields of aiptasia and majanos in my tank, with growing worry. Damned fish wasn't doing a bloody thing. It was time to bring out the big guns.  One of the semi-local stores was selling the Aiptasia Zapper which promised to save me from majano hell.  I eagerly anticipated its arrival and rubbed my hands together with glee when it arrived. I was in zapping heaven! Oh the awesomeness! However, after about 2 days I'd say about 50% of them weren't dead, they were laughing at me. Some majanos died, none of the aiptasia died. They came back, half mangled from the terrible shock I gave them. If they had had middle fingers they would have been held high.

Time continued to go by and I was disheartened. I had no time for the tank, I fed the fish and thought about the majanos happily replicating away in the tank. Little %^(#*!!  One day in an effort to calm my son down during one of his many meltdowns, I took him down to see the tank (he likes the bright lights and fish). I couldn't find a single majano!! Much like watching a pot set to boil, the matted filefish had done his job and eaten every last one when I wasn't looking! Apparently he doesn't like aiptaisa...yet (hopefully). One particular rock had about 6 on it so I took the rock out and removed them manually (one came back). Oh happy day!  Something actually worked for a change.

And you know that if I hadn't spent the $80 on that Aiptasia Zapper the filefish would have been a dud.

Right?

No comments: