Monday, December 14, 2009

Hellish Update

Hmm, since I last posted:

The big tank is running, has 60lbs of live rock in it which stinks to high heaven and doesn't look like 60lbs of rock. My ER250 is working like a charm and pulling out lots of gack, albeit the pump is incredibly noisy (noisier than my Dart).

The impeller in my smaller euroreef packed it in. The magnet part swelled up and it wasn't turning so well. I got a new one though. Note to self, while Dolphin and Sedra pumps are "essentially" the same thing, the sedra has a bigger needlewheel. No worries, I used the new magnet part and all the rest of the old parts. Works like a charm!

My wavebox died. Yes this was the one I got back in like April or something. I think its the power supply but I'm waiting to hear from Xenia whether it will be covered under warranty. Currently I have crammed a 6100 in there with the impeller and impeller housing of the old wavebox pump. Turns out this is THE thing to do on Reefcentral for DIY waveboxes. Man I am smrt!

One of my metal halide bulbs broke. It kept running though and the UV fried most of the corals on the right hand side of the tank including everything on my frag rack, most of which is toast. My scopas and powder blue tang both have "cataract" looking issues on the upper part of their eyeballs. Both are eating but the PBT doesn't look as "healthy" as usual and I'm preparing for a bout with ick.

The bulb thing was today so this will be short and sweet. I've been meaning to update with photos and such but, well, I'm just not in the mood and the tank looks like death warmed over on the right hand side.

No comments: