Saturday, November 07, 2009

Eew Flukes!?

Ok so the answer to the fluke issue was Prazipro AND its reef safe so I didn't have to stress out the fish by trying to catch it out of the tank for FW dips and such. I promptly went on the hunt for it and ended up having to drive 1.5hrs round trip for a $50 bottle of it (turns out they only had the pond version which is more concentrated and in a large bottle). Oh well, I sucked it up and bought it. What else is a girl to do?


I managed to get a few half decent pics of the flukes:





As you can see, pretty gross. It sort of looked like just some scale loss/mucous issues but that first pic really tells the tale.

So I dosed according to the bottle (a whole 14mls out of 473, woo!) and it says to leave it 5-7 days then run carbon and I'll probly do a large waterchange then. This is day 2. Yesterday, about 4 hours after I dosed, most of the flukes were already gone except for a few on his eye and one on his side and one on his tail This morning, he still had one hanger on on his eye and the one on his tail and this afternoon it looks like just the one on the tail (which may or may not be a fluke, its bloody hard to tell). This stuff works pretty quickly. I'm hoping by tomorrow there will be no sign of the flukes. If that is the case, I'll likely just run it for the 5 days.
So far, no signs of any other issues in the tank. Its business as usual, although my porites coral is a bit pissed at something, half its polyps are retracted, the other half are normal Not sure what is up with that. And that prazipro stuff has a distinct smell to it, the tank now smells like it, sort of sweet and I don't know, flowery maybe?

No comments: