Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ok so I definitely think the clam is on the road to recovery. The "pinched" part of the mantle is now almost fully extended (although you can still see something looks off about it). One thing I've noticed throughout this is that underneath the affected area, the shell looks like it is open wider than my other clams. Granted this clam does gape more which would definitely lead to that. Who knows? I've been doing 20% weekly waterchanges lately instead of the usual 10%. God knows what thats doing to my zeovit, then again after the erythromycin thing I doubt there is much in the way of zeovit action anyways.

The skimmer is finally back to normal. I think it took almost 2 weeks to get it dialed back to the way before the EM treatment. The cyano is still gone so YAY for Erythro!! The tank is actually looking pretty good. I'm getting some green algae on the glass which I think is from going to town on the zeovit trying to get both my nitrates down and the zeovit bacterial population back up. Its just on the glass anyways so no biggie. I have noticed what I think are diatoms on the rock and am wondering whats going on with that. I thought that was a cycling issue. I've checked my RO unit and everything is hunky dory there. The diatoms aren't that bad anyways, its just me being picky I think.

No comments: