Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The red bug treatment was a success. I treated for about 8 hours or so with most of a whole pill and the bugs are gonzo! I put some chemi-pure in my phosban reactor (the carbon one) to see if that would help with the STN. It goes so damned slowly that you don't notice it creeping up on a coral until there is a rather large patch gone on it. I was going to say by then its too late to do anything about it, but really, there is nothing you can do about it anyways it seems. My nice lime green stag acro is starting to STN at the base and its doing something funky on one of the branches as well. The tissue used to be a vibrant yellow green color and is now very pale and brownish and the polyps are the only thing providing the color. Some of the dead bits have algae growing on them. Lovely.

In hindsight, I really should have planned the rockwork in this tank a little better. Granted I moved quickly and got it set up rather fast, but I mean like originally when I had the time to fart around with the aquascaping the last time all my corals croaked in like 2004. I should have strapped them together with PVC or those tiewrap thingys or something. Its a constant struggle to keep some of these rocks placed so that they are stable. I had a mini landslide the other night and notice that one rock is sitting on the shell of my clam. Granted he doesn't look too pissed off and its business as usually but really, moving it at this point is going to be a total hassle, I just know it. Anytime I ever touch one of these landslides its good for at least 4 hours of putting the puzzle back together.

No comments: