Monday, June 18, 2007

Well I borrowed someone elses camera as mine has been sucking rather hard lately. It does some pretty neat videos so I did a quick one of the tank.

The magnesium levels are still darned low even after putting a whole container of reef advantage magnesium in the tank (and then some). I'm thinking its a lost cause with this stuff and the tank will have to wait until I can get some Zeomag which I'm getting tomorrow but won't be home until next Friday. As for the alk, I'm still at a loss as after getting it up to 8.1 dkH on Saturday, its down to 6.7 dkH today. I've cranked up the CO2 again but my test kit is reading my effluent pH as "lower than 7.7" as I didn't realize the test kit didn't go any lower than that.

Ok new frags!!

red table
purple cross
bluey acro (gemmifera?? wheres my Corals of the World when I need it!)
teal acro

and not so new :)
blue acro
teal acro (echinata?)
yellow cap


I had a good gawk at my longspined urchin just as the lights came on the other morning. Man do these guys ever haul ass when they want to. He doesn't seem to like being exposed when the lights are on and promptly makes his way into the rock (how he does it I have no idea). Anyway, I first noticed this guy as a hitchhiker when I was moving my tank and a friend pointed it out to me. "oh look at the tiny diadema urchin you have here!" He really was tiny, we're talking like the size of an eraser head here. His spines were probably less than an inch long. Now he's a behemoth. Its only been 2 months!!!! At this rate he'll be fully grown and taking over my tank by Christmas. No doubt I'll end up killing myself on this thing so I'm thinking he might have to go to the store by then. For now he's still relatively small so its not so bad but soon he'll be knocking things over left right and center.

No comments: